- 50,000 bonus miles after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months, plus an additional 25,000 bonus miles after spending $6,000 total on purchases in the first 12 months.
- One-Time 50% Off Companion Discount for roundtrip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
- $100 annual companion ticket discount each year for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines.
- Free first checked bag on Hawaiian Airlines flights book with card (primary cardholder only)
- 3X miles for every $1 spent on purchases made directly from Hawaiian Airlines
- 2X miles per $1 spent on gas, dining, and grocery store purchases, and 1X mile per $1 spent on every other purchase.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $99 annual fee
Note: If you can only make the $2,000 within 3 months spending requirement and not the $6,000 within 12 months, consider this
ShareMiles. A unique feature of Hawaiian Airlines is that with this card, they allow you to receive Hawaiian miles from other members without a fee. This is handy if your family members have a few miles here and there, as you can now pool them all together to reach an award level.
Domestic award travel discount. These are from their standard award chart to help you value these miles if you don’t have this card:
- Interisland flights: 7,500 miles one-way (SuperSaver), 10,000 (Saver), and 15,000 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 40,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 60,000 (Saver), and 80,000+ (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in First Class: 80,000 (Saver), and 160,000+ (Flex)
However, if you do have a Hawaiian Airlines card, then you can receive certain discounts:
- Interisland flights: 8,500 miles one-way (Saver), and 12,500 (Flex)
- Hawaii to Mainland US roundtrip in Coach: 35,000 miles roundtrip (SuperSaver), 50,000 (Saver), and 60,000+ (Flex)
Value. As you might expect, grabbing a SuperSaver award seat means that you’ll have to book early as there are only a limited amount of such seats available per flight. They often also involve a layover on another island, which adds a few couple hours to your total travel time. Still, a quick search found some flights for 40,000 miles + $11.20 in fees that would have cost $541 with cash, for a value of 1.3 cents per mile. You just can’t be too picky with your flight times.
Bottom line. The
I will be adding this offer to my ongoing list of
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone.”
Copyright © 2018 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.