- Up to 100,000 bonus United miles. 80,000 bonus miles after $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. Plus, an additional 20,000 bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months. (That works out to about a $1,700 per month average.)
- First AND second checked bags are free for both you and a companion (a savings of up to $320 per roundtrip) when you use your Card to purchase your ticket.
- $125 annual United purchase credit. Automatically receive up to $125 in statement credits as reimbursement for United purchases charged to your United Quest Card each account anniversary year.
- Two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits. Starting with your first anniversary, you’ll automatically get 5,000 miles back in your MileagePlus® account after you take a United® or United Express-operated award flight booked with your miles – up to 2 times every anniversary year.
- Up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck Fee Credit
- Priority boarding.
- Expanded award availability and free upgrades. Having this card makes it easier to find that saver award economy ticket.
- $250 annual fee.
Here are the ongoing rewards on purchases:
- 3X miles on United® purchases
- 2X miles on all other travel.
- 2X miles at restaurants.
- 2X miles on select streaming services.
- 1X on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- 25% Back on United inflight purchases (Wi-Fi, Food and Drinks).
The United Quest card is considered a new product, which means you can get this new bonus even if you’ve had other United card flavors in the past 24 months:
This product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months.
This card is very focused on making it a better experience for regular United customers. You have the first and second checked bag for free on United flights, both for your and a companion traveling on the same reservation. The bag fees are $35 + $45 per person, each way, so that adds up to $320 each roundtrip. After each card anniversary, you get $125 back on your United purchases, which already covers half the $250 annual fee. You save another 5,000 points (up to twice a year) when you book an award ticket with miles. You also get Priority Boarding, and while onboard, you get 25% back on your inflight purchases of WiFi, food, and drinks.
If you are trying to make Premier status on United, this card offers the ability to earn up to 3,000 Premier qualifying points (PQP) per year by just spending on your card.
Expanded award seat availability. You earn United miles for all your purchases, but then they also make it easier for you to redeem those miles on Saver level tickets with no blackout dates. Expanded award seat availability is another of the top perks from this card, and I’ve found a very significant difference when searching. If you’re constantly trying to find economy tickets for the entire family like me, this is a big deal. Saver Award ticket redemptions start at 12,500 miles one-way within the continental U.S. and Canada.
If you are a Premier® status member and traveling on an award ticket, with this card you can take advantage of Premier Upgrades on United-operated flights.
Another unique feature of this card is that it offers primary coverage on the Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver. On most other consumer cards, this coverage is offered as secondary coverage, meaning it only kicks in after your personal auto insurance has been exhausted.
Bottom line. The
“The editorial content here is not provided by any of the companies mentioned, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone. This email may contain links through which we are compensated when you click on or are approved for offers.”
Copyright © 2004-2021 MyMoneyBlog.com. All Rights Reserved. Do not re-syndicate without permission.